For a tasty appetizer perfect for parties and holidays, learn how to make taco dip with this handy guide. One convenience of taco dip is its adaptability, allowing ingredients to be added or omitted to meet your tastes. Feel free to experiment with the taco dip recipe to find the version perfect for you.
To make taco dip, you will need:
- 1 can (15 oz.) refried beans
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar or Mexican-style cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 small jar salsa
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips
- Heat refried beans and hot sauce in a large skillet or in the microwave. Spread over the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Top with a light layer of shredded cheese. Microwave just until the cheese melts.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add scallions and cook for three minutes.
- Stir in salsa and cilantro. Cook until heated through, then spread over the cheese in the casserole dish.
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Spread over the salsa mixture in the casserole dish.
- Top casserole dish with layers of black beans and guacamole. Garnish with the chopped tomato and black olives.
- Chill if desired, then serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Taco dip variations:
- Omit any of the layers if desired to make the dish your own.
- Make your own guacamole for the dip by mashing avocado pulp with two cloves of minced garlic, juice from one lemon, a dash of salt and one seeded and diced jalapeno.
- Prepare taco dip in a slow cooker by layering the dish up to the black beans and heating on low. Serve with guacamole, tomatoes and black olives on the side.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …