Here are three very good recipes that will teach you how to make taco meat. There are many types of tacos, from beef tacos to cow’s head tacos. The recipes here are for beef, chicken and fish meat tacos. Each one of these taco meat recipes is unique in flavor and fairly simple to make. So why not make taco meat tonight for your family using all three of these recipes?
To make taco meat for traditional beef tacos, you will need:
- 1 pound ground sirloin meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add in the chopped onion and bell pepper and sauté lightly.
- Add in the garlic and all the spices. Cook for half a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the sirloin meat and cook until browned. Add in the water and cook the taco meat until all the spices are mixed thoroughly. Serve on corn tortillas with lettuce and tomato.
To make taco meat for chicken tacos, you will need:
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, cumin and paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the oil in a large skillet and heat. Add in the chopped onion, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and the shredded chicken taco meat. Add the spices and mix well. Cook for two minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and the chicken broth. Cook the taco meat until the broth is nearly evaporated. Serve these chicken tacos on small flour tortillas and top with shredded iceberg lettuce.
To make taco meat for fish tacos, you will need:
- 1 pound white fillet fish
- The juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 large handful of chopped cilantro
- Put the oil and the butter in a very hot skillet. Add the fish and season with the salt and pepper.
- When done, shred the fish into small pieces and return to the skillet. Add in the cumin, chili powder and the lime juice.
- Cook until the spices are well mixed and add in a bit of water as needed. Add in the chopped cilantro. Serve this fish taco meat on small flour or corn tortillas and top with cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.