If you and your family love tacos, then learning how to make taco sauce is a must. Taco sauce can taste delicious in many restaurants you visit, or grocery stores you buy it from; don’t you want the same taste in your own home? Well, now you have the opportunity to reinvent the taco sauce you love.
To make taco sauce, you will need:
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- Two tablespoons of jarred and sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice,
- ¼ tablespoon of cilantro, and cumin,
salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Start with adding the can of tomato sauce, diced onion, and diced red pepper to a pan. You are doing this to soften them and bring out the best taste. Start your stovetop at medium high, and allow cooking in a teaspoon of oil, for about 15 minutes, until your onions become see-through.
- About half way through cooking the tomato sauce, onions, and peppers, add the jalapeno peppers to the pan, and allow them to cook for the rest of the time. You do not want jalapenos in the pan the whole time because this can take some of their flavor away. Just make sure you wash your hands every time you touch the jalapenos, because you can burn yourself with the juices.
- When fifteen minutes is up, turn the heat down to medium and add lemon juice. Allow to simmer for a couple minutes. This will change the whole taste of your vegetables and make everything delicious. Do not stop yet, there are a couple more ingredients to add.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well for a couple minutes. When you are finished mixing, turn the heat down to medium or medium-low, depending on your stove. Allow the mixture to simmer for about a half hour. You may want to mix every ten minutes or so, and make sure everything is moving along. Feel free to taste the taco sauce, and if you feel like you need more of something, add it.
To enjoy taco sauce at home is one thing, but to enjoy this delicious recipe at home with your family is something very different. You should use this sauce as soon as you are finished, but you can save for up to a week in the fridge, and you can freeze if you would like to save it longer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …