How To Make Taco Shell Bowls
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to make taco shell bowls. This recipe is so easy, it can be done in less than ten minutes. You'll be enjoying some delicious tacos in no time at all!
- Tortilla shells
- Vegetable oil
- Frying pan
- Paper towels
- Pour enough oil in the bottom of a sturdy frying pan to cover the bottom of the pan up to a height of one inch. Carefully begin to increase the temperature of the oil until it reaches a heat of approximately 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one of the tortillas into the oil. Press the tortilla down with a fork, allowing to to submerge completely. After you release the tortilla, it will float back up to the surface of the oil.
- Use the same fork to hold one half of the shell down in the oil. With another fork, carefully fold the tortilla in half. Make sure the two halves of the tortilla don't touch as the shape begins to set.
- After around sixty seconds, flip the tortilla shell over. Continue holding the taco shell bowl with the two forks in order to ensure the form sets properly. After another sixty seconds have passed, test the hardness of the taco shell bowl by breaking off a small corner. If the shell is crispy, you can carefully remove it. If the shell is still soft, you will need to keep it in the oil for a bit longer.
- Once the taco shell bowl has reached your desired level of doneness, carefully remove it from the oil and place it on a clean paper towel. Allow the taco shell bowl to cool before using.
Posted on: Jul. 31, 2010