Learning how to make a tattoo stencil is as easy as tracing a design. A tattoo begins with an idea and a simple line art drawing. You can create your own design or trace any design you like using tracing paper. The design is transferred to special carbon paper that makes it easy to transfer the tattoo design to skin.
To make a Tattoo stencil, you will need:
- Tracing paper
- Thermo spirit carbon paper
- Ball point pen (medium to bold tip)
- Draw out your design. Use clear, sharp lines to create a line art drawing for your tattoo design. Do not use a sharp or thin tip pen when tracing the tattoo design onto the thermo spirit carbon paper to avoid tearing the delicate paper. A ball point pen with a medium to bold tip will make the sharpest lines without damaging the delicate tracing paper.
Trace the design. Tape tracing paper to the design to keep it from slipping around while tracing. Use a medium to bold tip ball point pen to carefully trace each line onto the tracing paper.
- Create the Tattoo stencil. Remove the protective sheet over the carbon from the thermo spirit carbon paper. Place the thermo spirit carbon paper face up with the yellow page down. Tape the tracing paper with the tattoo design onto the top sheet of the thermo spirit carbon paper. Carefully retrace each line of the design. When the tattoo design is complete, lift the top sheet of the thermo spirit carbon paper to check the design.
- The best designs for creating your own tattoo stencil are line art. Line art is an image or drawing that has very distinct lines that are straight and curved. When creating a line art drawing focus on the image as opposed to tiny details of what you are drawing. A good example of line art would be the drawing of a pair of dice with the outline of the cubes and the dots.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.