Learning how to make tea cakes is a great dessert recipe for beginners. Not only are tea cakes quick to make but they are also very easy. Most basic tea cakes require only a few common ingredients to make and can easily be customized by adding in berries, nuts or various flavorings. Tea cakes are the perfect companion for tea or paired with a cup of hot coffee. There are many different varieties of tea cakes. This easy to follow recipe creates a basic tea cake that is sweet and dense with a buttery flavor.
To make tea cakes, you will need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
- large bowl
- rolling pin
- cookie cutter
- baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Add the sugar.
- Add in the eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix until the mixture is creamed.
- Add in the butter and vanilla.
- Mix well until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour a working surface and place the dough on it.
- Roll the dough out on the floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into the desired shape with a cookie cutter.
- Lightly grease a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the dough cutouts onto the tray about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until golden.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.