How To Make A Tech Deck Skateboard
Learning how to make a tech deck skateboard takes some time. You will need a few supplies to begin, and you will have to buy the trucks for it, but you can make the actual fingerboard yourself. The following article incloudes some advice on how to make a tech deck skateboard.
How to Make a Tech Deck Skateboard: Materials
- Balsa wood sheet
- X-acto knife
- Wood glue
- Black sandpaper
- White paper
- Trucks (ordered)
How to Make a Tech Deck Skateboard:
- Buy all of the supplies that you will need. These may be found at any arts and crafts store, and the glue and epoxy, if not there, are available at home improvement stores.
- Cut three pieces of balsa wood to the size of the finger skateboard's deck. They should all be long and rectangular, with rounded edges, and they should be identical in size. Then, at the spot that you want the board to bend up on each end of each of the three pieces, cut the ends off. Now, you should have three middle pieces, and six ends, and the ends will be turned up.
- Cut two strips of paper to the width of the deck, but make them longer. Glue the three pieces of wood together with the strips of paper between them, so that you have balsa wood, paper, balsa wood, paper, balsa wood, using only the three middle pieces of wood. Put something on top of this, and let it dry.
- Then, glue the ends on with three to each side (wood, paper, wood, paper, wood), using the rounded ends that you cut off. Set this to dry so that the ends are turned slightly up. Do this on both sides, and once the glue has dried, you will have a deck with upturned ends.
- Trim the paper that may be sticking out past the rounded ends with the X-acto knife. Gently sand the homemade tech deck.
- Mix some epoxy and fill the crack on the bottom side of the board where the ends were glued on, and turned up. Then, cut some sandpaper to shape, and glue it to the top of the deck. If you want, paint the bottom. Attach the trucks, and your board is done!
Learning how to make a tech deck skateboard at home requires you to use several materials, and to work carefully and efficiently. Take your time, and a nice fingerboard will result from your efforts.