How To Make Tennis Elbow Supports
Learning how to make tennis elbow supports can not only save you money, but can also allow you to customize your tennis elbow supports to the fit you need. Tennis elbow supports are extremely important for anyone why play tennis. It can reduce your chance of getting the tennis elbow and help you heal your tennis elbow if you have one already. While there are many tennis elbow supports that are commercially available to purchase at just about any pharmacy stores, but they are the one size fit all tennis elbow supports. By making your own tennis elbow supports, you can adjust it to your specification.
To make tennis elbow supports, you will need:
- Wide spandex (1 to 3 inches)
- Air pouch or equivalent
- Sewing machine or needle with thread
- Have your spandex ready. You will need two layers of spandex sew together. A wider one is usually better, since it will cover more areas. Sew your two layers of spandex one on top of the other, but make sure you leave a opening for the air pouch.
- Find the correct size of air pouch. Air pouch will put pressure onto the area that causes tennis elbow or tennis elbow pains. You can also use some other material, as long as it is light and comfortable. It is recommended that your air pouch is at least 2 inches, but it does vary depending on the area you want to protect.
- Sew it close and adjust for tension. Finally, you will need to sew everything together and tighten or loosen the spandex. You want to keep the area you want to protect firm, but not too tight.