Want to know how to make tequila jello shots? Jello shots are almost a must-have for parties. By following a simple, general recipe, they can be adapted to almost any taste using different types of liquor and different varieties of Jello flavored gelatin.With a little imagination, you can present a colorful, entertaining variety of tequila Jello shots to your next group of partygoers. Always bear in mind, though, that even though they are tasty and wiggly, Jello shots still contain alcohol. It's easy to forget how much alcohol you are actually consuming when it's in this form, so be sure to indulge in moderation and have a designated driver on hand.
To make tequila Jello shots, you will need:
- Jello in the flavor of your choice
- Hot water
- Room in the refrigerator
- Dissolve the Jell-O. Add the contents of the Jell-O package to one cup of boiling water. Stir until the powder is dissolved.
- Add cold water and alcohol. The total amount of cold water and alcohol should equal one cup. How much alcohol you substitute depends upon your personal taste, but if you have too much alcohol in proportion to the amount of water, the Jello will not set properly. Half a cup of tequila to half a cup of cold water serves as a good rule of thumb, but also consider the number of shots you want to make and how strong you want them to be. If you are serving shots to a large party, it will be less expensive to reduce the amount of alcohol, and will also enable you and your guests to enjoy more shots throughout the evening.
- Put the mixture into containers of your choice. There are several ways to do this, depending on how you want the final product to look. You can let the Jello mixture set up in a cake pan, then cut it into rectangles, or you can pour it into individual shot glasses or paper cups. With shot glasses, the guests might have trouble removing the shots from the glass, and might need a toothpick or other implement. Paper cups can simply be turned inside out for easy dispensing.
- Let the Jello set. Place the shots in the refrigerator. It can take a few hours for the Jello to set, so be sure to prepare the shots well ahead of your party.
Your Jello shots are now ready for you and your guests to enjoy.
You can experiment with the basic recipe, as well, for different types of tequila Jello shots. Add a bit of triple sec to tequila and lime Jello for a margarita shot, or use a base of orange Jello and add grenadine for tequila sunrise shots. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …