Want to know how to make a tequila rose cocktail? A tequila rose cocktail is not the same as Tequila Rose, which is a cream-based, strawberry-flavored tequila liqueur. While there are many recipes available to make a homemade version of the liqueur, this article will provide instructions to make a tequila rose cocktail. Below are two ways to enjoy a tequila rose cocktail.
The tequila rose cocktail is a citrus-based drink with grenadine. To make a tequila rose, you will need:
- Rose's lime juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Orange slice
- Mix the tequila, lime juice and grapefruit juice. In the shaker, mix 2-3 ounces of tequila with about a half ounce of grapefruit juice and a half ounce of Rose's lime juice. Shake thoroughly
- Strain. Once the above mixture is thoroughly mixed, strain it into a martini glass.
- Add grenadine. Float about a half an ounce of grenadine into the mixed tequila and fruit juices.
- Garnish. Add an orange slice to the edge of the martini glass for an attractive–and tasty–garnish.
As with many cocktails, there are other cocktails with the same name but slightly different ingredients. One of these alternate recipes uses triple sec and sour mix. To make this alternate version of the tequila rose cocktail you will need:
- Triple sec
- Sour mix
- Prepare the glass. Moisten the rim of a 6-7 ounce glass and dip it in sugar. This step is optional, but it adds to the overall flavor of the drink.
- Mix the ingredients. In the shaker, mix 1.5 ounces of tequila with an equal amount of grenadine, a splash of triple sec, a splash of sour mix, and ice.
- Strain into the prepared glass. Pour carefully to avoid disturbing the sugar rim.
Whichever version of the tequila rose cocktail you choose to make, choose a high-quality tequila for the best results.
As with any alcoholic beverage, be sure to drink responsibly, and have a designated driver or a cab ready to take you home if necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.