How To Make Thanksgiving Cocktail
For the host of a Thanksgiving gathering, knowing how to make Thanksgiving cocktails with a holiday theme is an absolute must. While you could serve a bottle of wine or traditional martinis or mixed drinks, adding a creative twist with a special Thanksgiving cocktail will give your guests something special instead. When you think of Thanksgiving there are likely a few family favorite dishes that come to mind, but in most homes, Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without pumpkin. Add a festive pumpkin martini cocktail to your holiday menu to incorporate the colors and flavors of the season into a fun party drink.
To make a Thanksgiving pumpkin martini cocktail, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon pureed, canned pumpkin (optional)
- 4 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce pumpkin liqueur
- A cocktail shaker
- Martini glasses
- Pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- To make your Thanksgiving cocktail, first prepare the martini glasses. Decorate the rims of the martini glasses with cinnamon and sugar. Begin by mixing the ground cinnamon and sugar. Dip the rim of the martini glass first into either whipped cream or some heavy cream, and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. The cream provides a surface to which the cinnamon sugar will stick.
- Mix the pumpkin martini. Add the vanilla vodka, heavy cream, pumpkin liqueur, ice and canned pumpkin in a cocktail shaker. The canned pumpkin intensifies the pumpkin flavor of the drink and will be strained to prevent the drink from becoming too thick.
- Strain, garnish and serve the drink. Strain the drink into the prepared martini glasses. Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of the martini and sprinkle lightly with pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Serve chilled.