Celebrate Turkey Day by showing your children how to make Thanksgiving window clings. Window clings are an inexpensive, non-permanent way to decorate your home for the holidays. In addition to a spruced up decor, you get to experience the joy of crafting with your child.
To make Thanksgiving window clings, you will need:
- Several bottles of white glue
- Food dye in colors of your choice
- Popsicle sticks
- Magic marker
- White printer paper
- Transparency paper
- Add several drops of food dye to one of the bottles of glue. Stir the glue with a popsicle stick to incorporate the dye. If you want a darker shade, add more dye. Repeat until you have glue in all the colors you will be using. You can also mix dye colors together to create a new color. For instance, adding blue and red dyes to a bottle of glue will give you purple glue.
- Draw Thanksgiving shapes on the printer paper. You can trace your hand (or your child's hand) to make turkeys. Draw Pilgrim's hats, pumpkins or cornucopias. Place the transparency paper over top of the printer paper.
- Use the glue bottle like a marker and trace the Thanksgiving designs onto the transparency paper. Color the designs in completely with the glue.
- Let the glue dry overnight. Carefully peel the glue off the transparency paper. Press the cling against a window or a mirror. When you remove your hand, it should stay in place.
- When Thanksgiving is over, peel the window clings off the glass. Wrap each cling in wax paper or plastic wrap and store away until next year.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.