How To Make A Tire Swing With Rope
Learn how to make a tire swing with rope so that you can have a sturdy and fun way to swing from a tree. Tire swings have been around for a long time and can be fun for all ages. You can use them to swing and jump into lakes or just have a simple swing from a tree in your backyard. They are relatively inexpensive and fairly simple to make.
To make a tire swing with rope, you will need:
- A clean tire
- A tree
- Weights (to test the swing)
- To make a tire swing with rope, you need to first purchase or find a tire. It would be much cheaper to look around in junkyards to get the old tire, but you could buy one as well. Make sure it is sturdy enough to support the maximum weight you think will be on the swing.
- You need to buy sturdy rope so that you know your tire swing is secure. The rope should be thick enough to where you know it will not break, and you should probably consider replacing it every couple of years just to be sure it does not ever break. You can buy the rope at any hardware store, and you can even get it on the internet.
- Before putting the tire swing together with the rope, clean everything and choose a tree. Clean the tire well to keep it from leaving black marks on clothing and skin. Pick a sturdy tree with thick branches capable of supporting heavy weight. Loop the rope through the tire and tie it securely to a thick branch on the tree. Be sure the rope is tight enough so that it does not slip on the branch.
- Test out your new tire swing and rope before you let anyone use it. Put heavy weights that would represent a person in the tire and swing it back and forth for at least a couple of minutes. Make sure the rope is securely tied around the branch and tire and is not slipping or moving with each swing. After testing the tire swing you are ready to use it and have some fun.