If you want to impress the special lady in your life, try these simple steps for how to make tissue paper flowers. Women love getting flowers, and these tissue paper beauties will never wilt! Not only are paper flowers inexpensive, they are also easy to make. And best of all, your time and effort will show your loved one just how much you care.
- Colored tissue paper or facial tissue
- Pair of scissors
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Floral fragrance
- Fabric ribbon
- Vase or basket
- Start with a tissue. Start your tissue paper project with an opened facial tissue, or with tissue paper cut to the size of a facial tissue. Set the open tissue lengthwise on a table or other flat surface.
- Pleat the tissue. Start with a half-inch fold at the bottom of the tissue. Fan-fold the tissue, a half-inch at a time, until the tissue is completed folded. The finished tissue strip should have a pleated, accordion-style look.
- Fold the tissue strip in half. Fold the tissue strip in half, bringing the short ends together. This will create a single fold, or bend, in the center of the pleated strip.
- Attach floral wire to the tissue. Using a pair of scissors, cut a twelve-inch piece of floral wire. Wrap the wire around the center of the tissue strip and tightly bind it to the tissue. The excess wire will create a flower stem.
- Create the flower blossom. One end of the tissue strip will be folded. Cut the folded end and gently peel the layers of tissue to create a round paper blossom. Repeat the process with the other end of the strip.
- Create the flower stem. To create a stem for your flower, wrap the excess floral wire with floral tape. Don’t forget the bottom of the flower, where the floral wire meets the tissue paper blossom.
- Add fragrance to the flower. To give your flower a fresh, pretty scent, use a floral fragrance. Gently spray the paper blossom with a floral-scented cologne or perfume.
- Create a bouquet of flowers. To create a bouquet of flowers, repeat the steps above. Use the same color, or a combination of colors, to create additional paper flowers. Experiment with size by cutting some of the tissue pieces slightly smaller than the original piece. Wrap the bouquet with a pretty ribbon, or insert the flowers into a vase or basket.
Clothes can be downright mystifying for some guys. Even the casual "t-shirt and jeans" type can run into wardrobe woes. ...
Step outside of the box and pull out the stops with these unique nine gifts you can send your girlfriend instead of flow ...
Folding bicycles always seem like a good idea on paper – kind of like threeways. But, in the actual design of the bikes ...