Learning how to make tofu yogurt can seem daunting since there are so many different recipes available. Tofu yogurt is a vegan substitute for real, cultured dairy yogurt and can use a variety of ingredient combinations. Most tofu yogurt recipes, however, call for the same set of core ingredients: tofu, fruit, lemon juice, and sweetener. To make a basic, sweet vegan tofu yogurt, try using the core ingredients and using fruit and nuts to add your own flavor twist.
To make tofu yogurt, you will need:
- 10 oz. of tofu
- 2 bananas, one fresh, one frozen
- 2 tbsp. soy milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- Additional fruit of your choice
- Place 10 ounces of tofu in a blender. It doesn’t matter whether to tofu is firm or soft. Any type will work.
- Peel and slice a fresh banana and a frozen banana. Place both sliced bananas in the blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy milk or water. Use soy milk to make tofu yogurt creamier or water for a lighter yogurt consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. You can use either store-bought lemon juice or squeeze your own fresh juice.
- Place 3 to 4 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey in the blender. You may also substitute refined sugar, corn syrup or artificial sweetener, but maple syrup and honey are healthiest and will keep your yogurt natural.
- Choose a fruit for added flavor. Try strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, passion fruit or another favorite fruit of your choice. Add about a cup of the fruit to the blender.
- Consider adding 1/3 cup of nuts for added texture and flavor. Cashews and almonds are good choices.
- Blend the ingredients until they are smooth. Serve and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …