Learn how to make tomato soup like grandma used to make without all the fuss. A hot steamy bowl of tomato soup has always been a favorite comfort food on those cold days. It satisfies your hunger and warms your heart and your stomach. Making tomato soup is a skill you can master quickly to delight both family and friends.
To make tomato soup, you'll need:
- 1 large to medium saucepan
- A blender or food processor
- 1 tablespoon. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium in saucepan. Olive oil has a lower burn temperature than other oils so make sure it's not too high a heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and sugar to oil. Cook till onions are translucent and browned slightly. The sugar helps to caramelize the onion and take some of the acid taste away from the tomatoes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes. Bring to a slight boil, then simmer for about fifteen minutes or till tomatoes are very soft. Stir often while simmering.
- Remove tomato soup from pot and put into blender till smooth.
- Return to heat briefly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Serves six. This tomato soup can be served as a cold summer soup also and is good with a hearty slice of French or Italian bread and a green salad.
You can also dress it up by snipping some broccoli florets and floating them on top. For a heartier soup add half a cup of instant rice after blending.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
16 Fall Style Classics Every Man Should Own
Give layering season an upgrade with these updated standards.