How To Make Tortilla Casserole
Here are instructions for how to make tortilla casserole. Making a delicious cheesy tortilla casserole is easy to do. This cheesy tex-mex comfort dish makes for the perfect dinner when you are craving some home cooked comfort food.
Things you'll need for tortilla casserole:
- Four whole chicken breast
- One can cream of mushroom soup
- Two cans 70 oz. green chili salsa.
- One cup chicken broth
- One tablespoon onions
- One can sliced olives
- One cup milk
- One pound shredded cheese
- Twelve corn tortillas
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan add 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer.
- Allow chicken to steam until tender, or for about an hour.
- Remove chicken, while chicken is cooling reserve broth.
- Dice chicken into squares.
- In a large bowl mix broth, milk, salsa, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken.
- Cut tortillas into one inch squares, place half of the tortillas into bottom of casserole pan.
- Begin to layer your casserole. Start with chicken pieces and olives, repeat until these ingredients have all been used and layered.
- Pour soup mixture over layered ingredients.
- Top with cheese and onions
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
Enjoy your tortilla casserole topped with salsa and sour cream, or serve with warm tortilla chips for a crunchy side dish. Don't be afraid to Mix and match ingredients and seasonings in your casserole to experience different options .This warm dish is perfect for a cool fall evening, and pairs nicely with a refreshing sparkling lemonade.