Wondering how to make a towel cake? Towel cakes make fantastic gifts for wedding and baby shower! These are the only cakes that won't pack on the pounds! Create beautiful, functional cakes for friends and family by adding your own personal touch. They are simple to make. The only skill you need is to be able to roll a towel and you will be on your way to making stunning handmade towel cakes.
In order to make a towel cake, gather your ingredients:
- 2 regular size towels in your choice of colors
- 2 hand towels
- 2 washcloths
- decorative ribbon
- safety pins
- decorations to embellish
Time to assemble your lovely layered cake.
- Begin the first layer by folding the regular towels in half lengthwise. You can either layer one towel on top of the other, or layer them end to end. The choice is yours.
- Now roll the folded towel from one end to another into a tight roll. The tighter the better. Attach the towels with the safety pin. This roll you have created is forming the bottom layer of the towel cake. Tie decorative ribbon around the middle of the towel roll.
- For your middle layer, use the two hand towels. Fold and roll the hand towels just as you did in the first step. Pin and add the ribbon.
- For the final layer, roll your washcloths. Add ribbon and place ribbon on top.
- Add decorations along the cake by pinning them on the sides and even on top of the cake.
Your creativity is the limit. You can create as many layers as you want. For a larger cake, add more towels. Another option is to use thick, wired ribbon and line each towel layer with the ribbon. You can make elegant, fun, or cute cakes! For baby shower towel cakes, add rattles, pacifiers, bottles, bibs, and hair bows. For a wedding shower towel cakes add roses or other silk flower and a bride and groom to the top. Let your creativity flow and have fun!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …