As April approaches, it is time to forget about your taxes and learn how to make truffle oil grilled cheese for National Grilled Cheese month. So forget the Wonder Bread, margarine and American cheese, and get ready to dump some serious cash for a new level of delicious decadence.
To make a truffle oil grilled cheese for National Grilled Cheese month, you will need:
- Two slices of freshly baked white bread
- Fontina cheese grated
- Freshly shaved black truffles or black trumpet mushrooms
- Olive oil
- White truffle oil
- Fungus first. If you are using the black truffles for this truffle oil grilled cheese sandwich recipe, congratulations on your expendable income. You will celebrate National Grilled Cheese month in style. The rest us should wash, chop and dry the black trumpet mushrooms. Then heat a pan over medium high heat and melt some butter and olive oil together. After it finishes sizzling, fry the mushrooms until they get soft. Remove them.
- Assembly. On a plate, drizzle some of the white truffle oil. Now lightly coat all sides of the bread in the truffle oil. Place the Fontina cheese on the bread slices and the truffle or mushrooms in the middle. Now we are ready to cook our truffle oil grilled cheese sandwich in honor of your sense of entitlement and of course, National Grilled Cheese month.
- Technique. Add a pat of butter to the pan and spread it around. If it does not sizzle, wipe it with a paper towel and wait for the pan to heat up. If it sizzles, you are ready, but it if it smokes, the pan is too hot. Put your truffle oil grilled cheese sandwich in the pan and cover it with either a lid or a piece of foil. After two minutes, check it. If the bread is brown and crispy, flip it. Do not worry about the inside yet. Cook the other side the same way. If your bread is done before the cheese melts, take the pan off the burner, leave it covered and let it finish off the heat to prevent burning.
Depending upon your stove and pan, your truffle oil grilled cheese might cook really fast which could lead to burning. Check it often.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.