Don't know how to make vegetable lo mein? Don't worry, it is one of the easiest recipes to learn. You might think vegetable lo mein is not a hearty or filling dish, but think again! Ask your sweetie to help prepare this tasty recipe and you will be repaid many times over.
To make vegetable lo mein, you will need:
- 1 lb. Chinese egg noodles
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 lb. bok choy, chopped
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- A wok
- A large pot
- A spatula
- A strainer
- A small bowl
- A spoon
- A large platter
- To begin making vegetable lo mein, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the egg noodles as the water comes to a rolling boil. Cook the noodles until they are tender. Drain them in the strainer, toss with a tablespoon of peanut oil and set aside.
- Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken stock and oyster sauce in the small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of peanut oil in the wok. You are about halfway through making your vegetable lo mein. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables (except the bean sprouts) and stir fry until tender, but not soft or wilted. Always use fresh vegetables. Prepare the vegetables before cooking to save time.
- Add the noodles to the vegetables while tossing the ingredients lightly. If you need assistance, this is a great time to ask your sweetheart to help with the mixing.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and noodles and your vegetable lo mein is almost complete. Continue lightly tossing all ingredients. Don't worry if some of the noodles break into smaller pieces.
- Remove the food from the wok, because you have finished making vegetable lo mein! Pour the noodles and vegetables onto the platter, top with bean sprouts and enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?