How To Make Vegetarian Fajita
This is a simple guide on how to make vegetarian fajita. Following a vegetarian diet can be healthy for your body but it can also be challenging. Constantly trying to find new and creative ways to prepare vegetables and grains can be difficult, especially if flavor is as important to you as not eating the same meals over and over again. Vegetarian fajitas are the perfect answer to your vegetarian dilemma; incorporating great flavors, colorful vegetables and protein, this dish has all your bases covered.
What you’ll need to prepare Vegetarian Fajitas:
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ red onion, cut into strips
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 4 yellow or white corn or flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings such as guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream or shredded lettuce
- 1 large skillet
How to prepare Vegetarian Fajitas:
- Cook the Vegetables Heat the oil in the skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and peppers, garlic and jalapeno. Stirring frequently, cook for three to five minutes or until the vegetables are tender crisp. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the Fajitas Divide the pepper and onion mixture between the four corn tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Garnish and Enjoy Top each fajita with your favorite combination of toppings such as pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and lettuce, then enjoy!