If you want to learn how to make vegetarian won ton soup, this recipe is the way to go. It’s light, tasty, and healthy as well as simple to prepare. Purchase frozen or fresh vegetarian won tons to simplify the process or make them yourself. Gather the ingredients and get started.
For the soup base, you’ll need:
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ tsp. chili garlic paste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the wontons, you’ll need:
- ½ head of cabbage, shredded finely
- won ton wrappers
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 carrot, minced or shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb tofu, chopped
- ½ cup bean sprouts, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- cooking oil
- Prepare won tons if you haven't purchased them pre-made. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Combine all ingredients except won ton wrappers in the frying pan and stir fry until tender-crisp over medium/high heat, about 5 minutes.
- When the mixture is cool, begin filling won ton wrappers. There are many ways to do this. Just make sure the edges are sealed or your won tons may fall apart or break while cooking. Place about one tablespoon of the veggie mixture into the center of the wrapper. Fold all of the corners in toward the center, and squeeze. Keep a small dish of water nearby to dip your fingers into when you seal the wrapper. This helps the dough to stick. This recipe makes approximately 20 won tons.
- Prepare a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add won tons and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes then remove and drain the won tons. Set them aside.
- In another pot, combine all soup base ingredients. Bring them to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, place a few won tons in each bowl and ladle the broth over them. This soup can be garnished with additional scallions, ginger slices, or any vegetables and condiments you wish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.