Do you want to learn how to make a vest? Sewing a vest is simple and easy. Virtually any fabric can be used for the vest. Vests are very popular and trendy. Select a long or short vest depending on your taste. If you are short on cash or not into sewing, making a vest from a shirt you already own is a great option. Rocker chic is really in right now. Combine the best of both fashion trends by making a rocker vest using a vintage tee.
In order to make a vest, you are going to need:
- A tee shirt
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Fabric pen
- Start with the tee shirt of your choice. You can either use a plain color cotton tee or spice it up by using a tee with a printed image. The look is entirely up to you! Thrift stores are full of vintage tees that would make cool vests.
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface. Find the center of the shirt. Using the fabric pen, draw a line from the top of the shirt through the center and down to the bottom.
- Cut along the line. Next, remove the sleeves by cutting them off.
- Fold the areas you just cut inside about half an inch. Stitch along the edges to create a nice, even seam. You can use the sewing machine or stitch by hand.
- Use the sleeves to make pockets. You can cut small rectangular pockets from the sleeves. Stitch the pockets onto the vest wherever you desire.
- You can add buttons to close the vest if you desire. You can also add rhinestones or paint.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.