Do you want to learn how to make a vest? Sewing a vest is simple and easy. Virtually any fabric can be used for the vest. Vests are very popular and trendy. Select a long or short vest depending on your taste. If you are short on cash or not into sewing, making a vest from a shirt you already own is a great option. Rocker chic is really in right now. Combine the best of both fashion trends by making a rocker vest using a vintage tee.
In order to make a vest, you are going to need:
- A tee shirt
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Fabric pen
- Start with the tee shirt of your choice. You can either use a plain color cotton tee or spice it up by using a tee with a printed image. The look is entirely up to you! Thrift stores are full of vintage tees that would make cool vests.
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface. Find the center of the shirt. Using the fabric pen, draw a line from the top of the shirt through the center and down to the bottom.
- Cut along the line. Next, remove the sleeves by cutting them off.
- Fold the areas you just cut inside about half an inch. Stitch along the edges to create a nice, even seam. You can use the sewing machine or stitch by hand.
- Use the sleeves to make pockets. You can cut small rectangular pockets from the sleeves. Stitch the pockets onto the vest wherever you desire.
- You can add buttons to close the vest if you desire. You can also add rhinestones or paint.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.