How To Make Vietnamese Egg Rolls
Learning how to make Vietnamese eggs rolls will come in handy for your next family get together or party. These egg rolls are delicious and will easily become the talk of the party. They are so easy to make and will become everyone's favorite appetizer or snack.
To make these egg rolls you will need the following ingredients:
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 cabbage chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb shrimp minced
- 1/2 lb crabmeat canned
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 16 rice paper sheets
- peanut or vegetable oil
- Soak mushrooms in hot water for about twenty minutes.
- In a large bowl add carrots, cabbage, onion, shrimp, crab meat, sesame oil, black pepper, salt and sugar. This will be your egg roll filling.
- Drain and finely chop the mushrooms. Add the mushrooms to the large bowl of egg roll filling.
- Mix all of the ingredients very well and set aside.
- Fill another large bowl with hot water and sugar and dip one rice paper sheet into the hot water. Work with one rice paper at a time while preparing these egg rolls.
- Lay rice paper onto a flat surface and take one spoonful of your egg roll filling and place onto the rice paper. Do not place filling too close to the edge.
- Fold rice paper over filling and roll tightly. If you do not roll it tightly enough your egg roll filling may come out.
- Repeat steps six through nine to finish preparing all of your eggs rolls. Once you have assembled all the Vietnamese egg rolls you intend to cook, you can proceed to the next step.
- In a medium saucepan heat your peanut or vegetable oil.
- Place two to three rolls inside the hot oil and allow to cook for about five minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove and place onto paper towel. The paper towel will help remove any excess oil
- Serve egg rolls with lettuce, bean sprouts or your favorite dipping sauce.