If you love Vietnamese food you will love this recipe on how to make Vietnamese salad rolls. These salad rolls are delicious as an appetizer or even a snack. But best of all it only takes about twenty five minutes from start to finish.
To make these appetizing salad rolls, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 rice wrappers
- 2 oz rice vermicelli
- 8 oz cooked shrimp
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup basil chopped
- To make Vietnamese salad rolls you have to start by soaking the rice vermicelli for about twenty minutes.
- In a saucepan bring water to boil and add the rice vermicelli. After about five minutes you should remove and drain the vermicelli from the saucepan. Rinse it with cold water and set it aside.
- Fill a large mixing bowl with hot water. You will want to have additional hot water available in case your water becomes cool before you finish.
- Dip one rice wrapper into the hot water for about fifteen seconds. Then lay the wrapper on a large plate. Make sure you only dip one rice wrapper at a time and finish it completely before dipping another one.
- Evenly place lettuce, carrots, rice vermicelli, bean sprouts, basil and two shrimp halves onto the wrapper. When making Vietnamese salad rolls you could also replace the shrimp with chicken, beef, tofu or a combination of different meats.
- Press the ingredients down and roll the edges of the rice wrapper towards the middle. Make sure you wrap it tightly and be aware that the wrapper will stick easily as you are rolling it.
- Repeat these steps to finish making your Vietnamese rolls. Also while you are wrapping the other Vietnamese salad rolls you should cover the finished salad rolls with a wet cloth.
- You can serve these Vietnamese salad rolls with Vietnamese dipping sauce or Hoisin Sauce.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...