When you have a vintage beads from a broken piece of jewelry, here's how to make a vintage bracelet. It happens; a favorite old necklace, perhaps your mother's or grandmother's, breaks. You're not sure what to do with the vintage beads. Making a vintage bracelet from the vintage beads and spacers is a great way to bring new life to the old beads.
To make a vintage bracelet, you will need:
- vintage beads
- vintage spacers and bead caps, if desired
- filler beads, spacers, and bead caps, if needed or desired
- jewelry elastic cord
- jewelry glue like GS HypoCement or E6000
- binder-style paperclip or bead stopper
Measure a length of jewelry elastic cord. Make sure the person who will wear the vintage bracelet is at hand so you can measure their wrist. This my be you or someone else. For an adult size wrist, cut at least 10 to 12 inches from the spool using the scissors.
- Arrange the vintage beads for the vintage bracelet. Configure the beads to come up with a design or arrangement you or the wearer will like for the vintage bracelet.
- Put a binder clip or bead stopper on one end of the elastic cord. To make sure the beads won't fall off the other end while you are stringing them, clip a binder-style paperclip or a spring-style bead stopper to one end of the cord.
Add the vintage beads to the elastic cord. Begin by stringing the beads on the elastic using a bead with a large hole, if possible. This will allow the knot at the end to be hidden inside the hole when the vintage bracelet is completed. String all of the beads on the cord so that it fits around the wrist comfortably but does not pinch the skin or dangle from the wrist.
- Tie the two ends in a knot. Remove the binder clip or bead stopper, then tie a knot in the elastic cord. Repeat the knots one or two more times.
- Place a drop of glue on the knot. When you make a vintage bracelet, to ensure it will stay knotted, add a small amount of glue to the knot. Hold the vintage bracelet in the air to let the glue dry. Be careful not to get glue on the beads.
- Trim the strings. Tuck the knot inside a bead with a large hole if possible to hide the knot.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.