How To Make Vodka Drinks
Vodka is a distilled alcohol beverage of Russian origin and is very versatile, making it easy to learn how to make vodka drinks. The most basic Vodka drink is a Vodka Tonic which is a mixture of Vodka and tonic water served in a tall glass. One of the most popular Vodka drinks is a dirty Vodka Martini, which is called dirty because the added olive juice clouds the drink. A mildly sweet Vodka drink is a Vodka Collins made with a touch of sugar.
Dirty Vodka Martini
To make a dirty vodka martini, you will need:
- 3 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Dry Vermouth
- ½ ounce Olive Juice
- Jar of Cocktail Olives
- Chill a martini glass. Rinse a martini glass in water and place it wet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Fill the cocktail shaker. Combine Vodka, Vermouth, and olive juice from the jar of olives in a cocktail shaker and top with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled Martini Glass. Garnish the dirty vodka martini with an olive.
To make a vodka tonic, you will need:
- Tonic water
- Wedge of lime
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes ¾ full.
- Pour vodka over the ice. Fill the glass to the top with tonic water and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
Lime Vodka Collins
To make a lime Vodka Collins, you will need:
- 2 ounces of Vodka
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Club Soda
- Fill a Tom Collins glass with ice cubes.
- Create the vodka Collins. Add vodka, lemon juice, and sugar to the glass. Top off the vodka Collins with club soda. Garnish with a slice of orange, wedge of lime, and a cherry on a skewer. Serve with a straw.
Tips: Your home bar may not be equipped with Tom Collins glasses or martini glasses. Pick a glass, any shape, large enough to accommodate the cocktails you are making. Make vodka drinks with a quality brand Vodka to ensure quality cocktails. Don’t let your friend or family drive drunk.