How To Make Vodka Jelly Shots
Know how to make vodka jelly shots to serve at your next party or gathering. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time for a fun, little alcoholic treat. They are half vodka and half gelatin. Start with this basic recipe then get creative with your own flavors. They are very good, but be careful, they can sneak up on you!
- 1 large box of flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup vodka
- Paper cups with inside wax lining or shot glasses
- ¼ cup cold water
- Prepare your shot glasses. Small paper cups with an inside wax lining will help the jelly shot to slide out easier. If you choose glass or plastic shot glasses, use a small amount of cooking oil spray to help release them.
- Microwave one cup of water for two minutes or until it boils. If you prefer, boil it on the stovetop.
- Add the gelatin powder. Stir slowly until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool for fifteen minutes. Adding the vodka to very hot water will allow some of the alcohol to dissipate. Allowing it to cool will give you a more potent jelly shot. Once it has cooled, carefully pour in the vodka and stir to mix.
- Add another ¼ cup of cold water. The cold water will help it congeal. Chilling the vodka before using it to make jelly shots will also help.
- Pour the jelly mixture into the shot glasses. Allow the shots to set in the refrigerator for at least four hours. After you make your favorite flavor of jelly shots, serve them cold and let the slurping begin!
The vodka can be substituted with other types of alcohol.
Never serve this around children. They may think it is a treat for them.