Learn how to make vodka sauce! Its actually very easy to cook and quite impressive over a plate of rigatoni. More or less its tomatoes, seasoning, vodka, and cream. You can make your own signature vodka sauce by adding cooked chicken, diced proscuitto, or even meatballs. Go crazy with the garlic or leave out the chili pepper; make it how you want. Here are simple instructions for how to make a basic vodka sauce.
To make vodka sauce you will need:
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 diced chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Ground pepper and sea salt
- Prepare the vodka. Set the vodka in a glass jar or bowl and add the chili pepper. Let the flavor and heat from the pepper infuse into the vodka for two hours. If you want you can add extra pepper and a diced onion as well. Remove the vegetables once you are ready to use the vodka to make your sauce.
- Saute the vegetables. Heat up a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the olive oil and then cook the garlic and shallots until tender. Add the chopped basil leaves as well and cook for one more minute.
- Add the vodka. The next step to make vodka sauce is to add the vodka. Make sure the chili pepper is discarded then pour the alcohol into the pan. Turn down the heat and let about half of the vodka cook off. This should take five to ten minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. Next put in the tomatoes, both fresh and canned. Let your vodka sauce simmer for another ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken stock. Add the stock to the vodka sauce. Allow the liquid to come to a light boil and then turn the temperature down again to a simmer for another fifteen minutes. At this point add a dash of freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Finish with cream. Once you are ready to serve the sauce over your pasta add the cream. Allow the cream to cook for two to three minutes, simmering with the other ingredients, and serve. If you want to freeze your homemade vodka sauce do so before adding the cream, then reheat and add at the end.
Now you know how to make vodka sauce. Have fun with it. Experiment with different spices and intensities and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”