Learning how to make volcano out of biscuit dough is a great way to get kids interested in science. This project can be done in a school with a teacher, or at home with a parent. You can use already made biscuit dough, but allowing the children to make their own biscuit dough is much more fun.
You will need the following ingredients to make your volcano out of biscuit dough:
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Large bowl
- 16 oz. plastic soda bottle
- Baking sheet
Follow these steps to make your volcano out of biscuit dough:
- Place your flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water into your large bowl. Mix these ingredients together with your hands (make sure you wash them first). This will create your biscuit dough.
- Add flour to the biscuit dough if it is too runny. If it is too hard to mold, add more water. Do this until you have a dough that is moldable.
- Set a soda bottle on a baking sheet. The soda bottle opening must remain at the top.
- Stick your dough to the soda bottle so that it forms the shape of a volcano. Remember not to put any dough over the opening of the bottle.
- Let your volcano sit out for two to three hours so that it hardens up a bit. You can then move on to making the lava.
You will need the following items to make your lava:
- 8 oz. warm water
- 8 drops of red food coloring
- 6 drops dish soap
- 3 Tbsp. baking soda
- 2 oz. distilled vinegar
Follow these steps to make your lava and set it flowing down your volcano:
- Place a funnel in the top of the volcano. Then pour your water in it.
- Add the food coloring and dish soap. The food coloring makes the lava red so that it is more lifelike. The dish soap makes the lava more foamy.
- Pour in the baking soda. Then get everyone ready for the big show.
- Add the vinegar and quickly remove the funnel. Sit back and watch the eruption.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.