If you are planning the perfect ice cream party, you should learn how to make a waffle bowl. Making your own waffle bowls could be a stroke of genius that will impress all of your family and friends. You are sure to be a hit at any party once you master the technique of making waffle bowls from scratch. One key to making the perfect waffle bowl is using a special waffle cone presser. One thing you can do to save money on this piece is cook your cone in a frying pan and flatten it as you go along. Enjoy your waffle bowls and all the compliments you will soon be getting.
To make a waffle bowl, you will need:
- A nicely curved glass bowl, big enough for your ice cream desires
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Get your stove ready at a medium low temperature. Make sure you spray a non-stick product on the interior of the pan.
- Beat the egg, egg white and salt in a medium-sized bowl until they are well blended. Continue beating in the sugar for around one minute, or until the egg has become a slightly lighter hue. Add in the flour and beat for about 30 seconds. Add in the melted butter and stir until the mixture is a smooth and blended texture.
- Spoon about two ounces, or four tablespoons, into the pan. Make sure it is flattening perfectly, and wait until it has turned that beautiful golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and place onto a smooth cloth. Gently put the waffle into the bowl, and smooth and shake with the cloth. Wait until it has hardened, and you have made your own waffle bowl, gourmet-style.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.