Want to know how to make waffle cones? Two scoops of creamy ice cream in a homemade waffle cone sounds like a perfect treat, but how do you make those sweet crunchy waffle cones at home? It’s easy and is sure to bring up warm, cozy feelings of nostalgia the minute you start. Waffle cones are prepared from the batter used to prepare waffles in a waffle iron. After cooking, they are molded to form a closed funnel to hold ice cream. For this, a waffle maker is a must to make these so simple, so good waffle cones.
To make waffle cones you will need the following:
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled off
- An electric waffle maker
- Prepare the waffle maker to make your waffle cones. Coat your waffle iron lightly with olive oil spray, then turn it on and let it preheat.
- Make the waffle cone batter. Beat the egg, egg white and salt in a small bowl with a fork until smooth. Beat in the sugar until fully mixed, about 1 minute. Slowly add the flour. Beat another 15 seconds to incorporate the flour and take away any lumps. Add the melted butter and stir until the waffle cone batter has a smooth consistency.
- Cook the waffle cone batter. Using a tablespoon, drop 1 ½ tablespoons of batter in the center of the waffle maker. . Close the lid and press down. It will only take 40 to 50 seconds to bake each one. Heat until your preferred golden color is achieved. Open the iron and remove the waffle.
- Mold into a waffle cone. While warm wrap the waffle into a funnel or use a cone-shaped mold (see tips) then use your fingers to squeeze to shut the bottom peak. The waffle cone must be created right away or it will break. Use gloves or a cloth if it's too warm to grip. If using a mold, leave the waffle wrapped around the mold until it's completely cooled, then store upright in a glass while you make the other cones. Once all the 16 waffle cones are cooled, use them right away or store them in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Plastic cone-shaped molds are available at most cake supply stores and/or cooking stores.
- You can also try using cardboard. Cut the cardboard into a cone and wrap in aluminum foil.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.