How to make waffles from scratch is well worth the little bit of effort it will take to make these tasty waffles. Store toaster waffles may do in a pinch but with all the preservatives the taste is just not the same as having your own iron and making them yourself. Once you've made your own waffles from scratch you'll never go back to buying them ready made. To make waffles from scratch even better, they freeze very well so make a whole batch and the next waffle you and your toaster will see is one of your own.
How to make waffles from scratch, you'll need:
- 3 tbsps. butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps. of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Use microwave to melt butter.
- Use bowl to mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Combine milk and eggs in separate bow till well mixed.
- Add the milk and egg mix to the flour mix and stir just until well combined.
- Stir in the butter you melted and brush the waffle iron with butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour about 1/2 cup into hot waffle iron and follow the manufacturers instructions, cook till done.
Waffle should be golden brown. Consider this first waffle a test so you can adjust the exact time your waffles will take.
- Now that you know how to make waffles from scratch you can experiment with adding other ingredients to the batter such as fresh blueberries or cinnamon.
- Use the waffles as a snack by adding chocolate chips to batter or make them a glorious dessert by topping them with some cherry pie filling and whipped cream.
- Waffles are also great as ice cream sandwiches.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.