How To Make Wallet From A Fabric
If you are in the mood to make a customized wallet, learning how to make wallet from a fabric is an easy and inexpensive way to do so. Fabric wallets can be made in a vast array of sizes and a color or material of your choice.
To make wallet from a fabric, you will need
- Fabric of your choice
- Sewing machine
- 6 1/4 inches of Velcro
- Glue gun
- Iron (optional
- Cut two pieces out of your fabric. Both of their dimensions should be 7.5 inches by eight inches. One of these fabric pieces is going to be used to line the wallet you create, while the other will be used for the external side of the wallet. If you're feeling especially creative, you could use different colored fabric for the inside and outside.
- Place both the pieces of fabric you cut together with the wrong sides on the outside and the right sides together. Ensure they are pressed perfectly and no parts are sticking out.
- Use the sewing machine to sew both pieces together. To do so, stitch both of the eight inch sides but only one of the 7.5 inch sides, leaving one side open. You should use a quarter inch seam to do this. If the side doesn't turn properly, use an iron to press it. Stitch this end so that it closes.
- Open the Velcro and glue one strip along the 7.5 inch side of the wallet. The other Velcro strip should be glued to the opposite side. Make sure both pieces are centered, otherwise they won't close properly. Allow the glue to dry before you proceed.
- Fold the wallet and stick the Velcro together. Use the sewing machine to stitch both sides together and use a quarter inch seam.
Note: If you require a larger or smaller wallet, you can use the above method, but take different dimensions of fabric and Velcro.