If you have an old pair of blue jeans lying in your closet that you never wear anymore, then you may want to know how to make a wallet out of used blue jeans. Even though it would be more practical to give the jeans to charity, turning your blue jeans into a wallet can preserve their sentimental value. You can make your wallet in an array of shapes and sizes, and your blue jeans' material will form a sturdy and rugged wallet.
To make a wallet out of used blue jeans, you will need:
- A pair of used jeans
- Extra fabric
- Hook and loop fasteners
- A button
- A ruler
- A sewing machine
- Before starting on the wallet, you will need to make the measurements and cuts for both the jeans and the fabric. Using the scissors, cut an eight-inch by twelve-inch piece from the jeans, and cut a 7 1/2-inch by eleven-inch piece from the fabric that you will be using for the lining. Use a ruler to help you make straight and accurate cuts.
- Place the pieces together, with the wrong sides facing each other. Sew the edges together.
- Now place the fabric in front of you, with the long side vertical. Using the ruler, make a mark three inches from the top and fold it at this point. Sew the sides of this fold together, until you are left with a pocket.
- Now, measure 1 1/2 inches from the opposite end of the fabric, and do the same there. Fold the fabric at that point and sew all three sides. This is the cover of the wallet.
- To proceed, sew a button on the top of the pocket you made in step three. Ensure that you used strong thread that is able to withstand pressure. Make a slit for the button on the cover you made in step four.
- Now, cut about six inches of hook and loop fastener and glue it to the top of the pocket you made in step three. This should secure the wallet, preventing any of its contents from falling out.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.