Knowing how to make wasabi mayo can make many of your humdrum meals culinary adventures. The spice and heat of the wasabi pairs well with many flavors, while the cool of the mayo balances the spread. Prepare a batch of wasabi mayo and keep it in the fridge to use on sandwiches and in sauces.
To make wasabi mayo you will need:
- Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Prepared Wasabi
- Ginger Root
- Two Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Teaspoon Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Handheld Mini Grater
- Small Bowl
- Medium Bowl With Airtight Cover
- Cut off a one inch piece of the ginger root. Fresh ginger will give the best flavor, but if you only have powdered ginger use half a teaspoon.
- Peel the skin off the one inch segment of the ginger root with the spoon. The skin is brown and paper thin, if you were to use a knife to peel you would waste too much of the ginger. Grate the now peeled ginger with your grater, and set aside the grated ginger in the small bowl until ready for use. You will need about a teaspoon of grated ginger, but feel free to add more if you like it spicier.
- Place the mayonnaise into the medium sized bowl. Mayonnaise works great for flavoring with spices.
- Add the soy sauce, reserved minced ginger, sugar and salt and prepared wasabi to the bowl. The sugar will balance out the salty and savory flavors in the wasabi mayo.
- Mix all the ingredients in the medium bowl together with your spatula. Make sure to mix thoroughly to create a consistent flavor throughout the wasabi Mayo.
- Taste the wasabi mayo. Use your personal preference to adjust the seasoning if you find it necessary, but be careful of making the mayo too spicy.
- Cover the medium sized bowl and refrigerate the wasabi mayo until you are ready to use it. Spread and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.