Spice up your summer refreshment by learning how to make watermelon Soju. Your local Asian or specialty market will sell Soju, which is distilled liquor made from grain or sweet potato, which is a similar to Vodka. Soju mixed with watermelon and Domaine de Canton, which is a ginger flavored liqueur, makes a spicy tantalizing summer drink.
To make watermelon Soju, you will need the following:
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, 2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces Soju
- 2 ounces ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton
- 2 limes, juices
- Chill the glasses. Place freshly rinsed tall glasses in the freezer 30 to 60 minutes before serving watermelon Soju to your guests.
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Cut 6 cups of seedless watermelon into 2 inch cubes. Place the watermelon cubes in a blender a little at a time and blend on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Strain the watermelon juice into a large pitcher, about 3 cups of juice. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 1 hour. Combine ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil (about 2 minutes) over a medium flame to create simple syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the watermelon Soju. Add Soju, ginger liqueur, 2 ounces simple syrup, and lime juice to the watermelon juice in the pitcher. Stir well. Pour over ice into tall chilled glasses.
Tips: In some areas, Soju may be difficult to find. Vodka makes a decent substitution for Soju. Always use good quality alcohol when making mixed drinks to get the best taste. Use caution when making the simple syrup. Very hot sugar can cause serious burns very quickly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …