There are many ways to learn how to make watermelon wine. Not only is watermelon wine unique and refreshing, it's also very easy to make. It makes a great addition to a casual, summer dinner or a very special gift. This article will show you step by step how to make you own bottles if watermelon wine at home.
To make watermelon wine, you will need:
- 1/2 gallon watermelon juice (1 large watermelon, cut into slices)
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrients
- 2 Campden tablets
- 1/8 teaspoon tannin
- 1 package dry wine yeast.
- nylon straining bag
- primary container
- secondary container with airlock
- wine bottles
- Place the watermelon slices into the nylon straining bag.
- Place the nylon straining bag into the primary container and squeeze out all of the juices.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the yeast.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Cover and let the watermelon wine sit for 24 hours.
- Add in the yeast by sprinkling it on top. Do not stir.
- Let the wine sit for three to five days, stirring daily.
- Pour the watermelon wine into the secondary container. Squeeze the juice from the strainer bag and then discard the bag. Fit with airlock.
- Rack the wine after three weeks and again after three months.
- Repeat the racking process every three months for at least a year.
- Bottled into sterilized wine bottles.
- Store the bottles of watermelon wine on their sides in a cool, dry place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.