There are many ways to learn how to make watermelon wine. Not only is watermelon wine unique and refreshing, it's also very easy to make. It makes a great addition to a casual, summer dinner or a very special gift. This article will show you step by step how to make you own bottles if watermelon wine at home.
To make watermelon wine, you will need:
- 1/2 gallon watermelon juice (1 large watermelon, cut into slices)
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrients
- 2 Campden tablets
- 1/8 teaspoon tannin
- 1 package dry wine yeast.
- nylon straining bag
- primary container
- secondary container with airlock
- wine bottles
- Place the watermelon slices into the nylon straining bag.
- Place the nylon straining bag into the primary container and squeeze out all of the juices.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the yeast.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Cover and let the watermelon wine sit for 24 hours.
- Add in the yeast by sprinkling it on top. Do not stir.
- Let the wine sit for three to five days, stirring daily.
- Pour the watermelon wine into the secondary container. Squeeze the juice from the strainer bag and then discard the bag. Fit with airlock.
- Rack the wine after three weeks and again after three months.
- Repeat the racking process every three months for at least a year.
- Bottled into sterilized wine bottles.
- Store the bottles of watermelon wine on their sides in a cool, dry place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!