Enjoy more of your favorite foods while dieting by learning how to make Weight Watchers slow cooker Lasagna. Weight Watchers slow cooker lasagna is not baked or boiled and won’t keep you standing in the kitchen. Just fill the slow cooker with ingredients and walk away. This rich pasta, tomato, and cheese dish serves six and has points value of eight.
To make Weight Watchers slow cooker lasagna, you will needs:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (7% fat)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 lasagna no cook noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Brown the meat. Cut the ends off the onion and peel it under running water to avoid eye irritation. Finely chop the onion. Cut off the ends of a clove of garlic and peel. Place the garlic on a cutting board, cover with a wide knife, and smash the garlic, chop additionally if necessary. Place a large non-stick skillet on a medium to high heat. Add the onions, garlic, and beef to the skillet and cook five to seven minutes stirring frequently.
- Finish cooking the meat. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, basil and salt to the cooked meat. Lower the heat to low and simmer for five to six minutes stirring frequently.
- Mix the cheese. Combine the ricotta cheese and one cup of Mozzarella cheese in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Create Weight Watchers slow cooker Lasagna. Divide the meat mixture into thirds. Place 1/3 of the meat and tomato mix in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover the meat and tomatoes with three no cook lasagna noodles broken in half. Spread half of the ricotta and mozzarella cheese mixture over the noodles. Add another layer of 1/3 of the meat and tomato mixture over the cheese mixture. Cover with three no cook lasagna noodles broken in half. Cover the lasagna noodles with the remaining ricotta and mozzarella mixture. Cover the cheese mixture with the remaining meat and tomato mixture. Place the lid on the slow cooker and set the temperature on low. Cook four to six hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Turn off the heat and remove the lid. Cover the Weight Watchers slow cooker lasagna with ½ cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese. Replace the lid and let stand until the cheese melts, about ten minutes.
Tips and Warnings:
- Add your favorite canned or sautéed squash, zucchini, or mushrooms to the meat and tomato mixture.
- Check the noodles after four hours to avoid over cooking which leads to mushy noodles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.