Create a classic Jewish dish by learning how to make Weight Watchers slow cooker stew. When cooked slowly, the fruit and honey flavors juicy cubes of beef brisket and tender potatoes. Just fill the slow cooker in the morning and enjoy this delightful Weight Watchers slow cooker stew tonight.
To make Weight Watchers slow cooker stew, you will need:
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 pound lean beef brisket
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 8 small new potatoes
- 16 prunes, pitted
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup beef broth
- Prepare the ingredients. Wash the beef brisket in water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the brisket on a cutting board and cut into one inch cubes. Cut the end off the onion and peel under running water. Coarsely chop the onion into ¼ to ½ inch pieces. Wash, peel, and cut the sweet potatoes into one inch cubes. Wash the new potatoes, leave the skins on, and cut in half. Juice two lemons and set aside.
- Fill the slow cooker. Place the onions, beef, sweet potatoes, carrots, new potatoes, and prunes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, beef broth, salt, garlic, and cinnamon to the slow cooker. Stir to mix the ingredients.
- Cook the Weight Watchers slow cooker stew. Place the cover on the slow cooker and set the temperature to low. Cook the stew for seven to eight hours. Just before serving stir in another two tablespoons of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Replace the cover and cook an additional five minutes. A serving size is about 1 ½ cups.
Tips and Warnings:
- Prunes can be replaced by dried apricots in this recipe.
- Pepper allergies are common. A considerate cook leaves the pepper out of the recipe and puts the pepper shaker on the table.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!