Being in a hurry and chubby is a perfect excuse to learn how to make a Weight Watchers slow cooker white chicken chili recipe. Hey, it is always swim suit season somewhere, right? Plus, slow cooker recipes are a snap because you throw in everything and then go to work, school or back to binge drinking. Chicken chilies are wonderful because they are healthy, cheap and taste even better as leftovers.
To make Weight Watchers slow cooker white chicken chili recipe, you will need:
- One cooked grocery store chicken – A cooked, Mexican grocery store chicken is ideal
- Two tbsp. of olive oil
- Two white onions, chopped
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- Two cans of drained and rinsed Great Northern beans
- One can of drained and rinsed hominy
- Two cups of low sodium chicken, fat free broth
- A four oz. can of chilies
- Two tsp. of cumin
- One tbsp. of chopped, fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- One quarter tsp. salt
- One tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 of a cup of freshly chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Prep work. To get cracking on the Weight Watchers slow cooker white chicken chili recipe you must start with some prep work. You can do this part on the fly if you are a cooking machine, but it is easier to have everything ready. Shred the chicken, chop the onions and mince the garlic. Drain and rinse your beans and hominy.
- Sauté over a medium high flame, heat up your olive oil and sauté the onions until tender. Now add the garlic and let it blend for about a minute.
- Heat it. Now add the chicken, beans, hominy, broth, chilies and spices. Reserve the cilantro until the Weight Watchers slow cooker white chicken chili is done.
- Dump it. Stir this until everything blends together and then transfer it to the slow cooker. Set the cooker on ‘LOW’ and let your white chicken chili cook for four to five hours. Do not cook longer than six hours because canned beans are already cooked. Stir it every now and then. If the chili seems a little thick, add either water, beer or broth to thin it to the desired texture.
- Serve it. When the Weight Watchers slow cooker white chicken chili is done, stir in the chopped cilantro and serve. Tastes great with chips or flour tortillas.
- If you eat Chili Cheese Fritos and drink Pabst Blue Ribbon with this chili, you will get the most foul, noxious gas ever. Do not mess with this volatile combination in enclosed spaces.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.