Since wet burritos are such a filling meal, learning how to make wet burritos is an easy way to impress your friends with your cooking skills. Since the burritos can be made in one pan, they also make for an easy clean up! Don't be afraid to adjust the ingredients to fit your needs and tastes.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Casserole dish
- One lb. ground beef
- One can refried beans
- Two cups cooked rice
- Large flour tortillas
- One can enchilada sauce or green chile sauce
- One jar of salsa
- Two cups cheddar cheese
- Two tbsp. cumin
- Large frying pan
- One ladle
- Two spoons
- Prepare the beef. Brown the ground beef in a large frying pan. Once the beef is browned, drain and place back in the frying pan. Add salsa and cumin. Leave on medium heat while stirring for ten minutes.
- Prepare the tortilla shells. Tortillas can break easily if they are not prepared properly. To do this, you can either steam, grill or dampen the tortillas and place them in the microwave for a few seconds. Any of these methods will assist in making the tortillas more flexible.
- Prepare the burritos. Coat the tortillas with a thin layer of refried beans. Lay the tortilla flat and spoon on a thin layer of rice. Add a spoonful of ground beef in the middle. Sprinkle some cheese on the ground beef.
- Roll the burritos. You are almost ready to put your wet burritos in the oven. For open-ended wet burritos, fold one side of the tortilla so that the end is just over the middle of the shell. Taking the fold in your hand, roll the tortilla so that it it forms a burrito with the inside of the burrito completely covered. To make a closed end burrito, follow the previous steps after folding the top and bottom of the burrito so that the tops each cover about one-fourth of the burrito. Place burritos in the casserole dish so that the sides of the burritos are touching each other.
- Place burritos in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Before placing the burritos in the oven, coat them with a thin layer of enchilada sauce. Cover the burritos with the remainder of the cheese and place them back in the oven. Allow them to cook for about ten to fifteen minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.