If you don’t know how to make a Whiskey Sour, then you’re missing an essential cocktail in your repertoire. This vintage libation is clearly a crowd-pleaser, and learning how to make a Whiskey Sour is a quick way to add a sense of sophistication to your next celebration.
To make a Whiskey Sour, you’ll need:
- Whiskey (any kind you prefer)
- Lemon Juice
- Powdered sugar
- Maraschino cherry
- A cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes
- A glass (preferably a sour or an old fashioned glass, although of course, any glass will work)
- Chill out. Before you make a Whiskey Sour, chill your selected glasses in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Select your ingredients. While some people choose to make a Whiskey Sour using bourbon, any kind of whiskey, from Irish Whiskey to Scotch, is suitable. Of course, the taste of your drink will change based on which you select. The lemon juice you use to make a Whiskey Sour will also affect the taste of your drink, and fresh lemon juice is recommended. Occasionally, bartenders will use sugar syrup or even bar sugar to make a Whiskey Sour, but powdered sugar is used in the most traditional recipes.
- Shake it up. When you’re ready to make a Whiskey Sour, combine 2 oz. whiskey with ½ teaspoon of powdered sugar and the juice of ½ a lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons) in a cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes and shake. Strain into a glass, and garnish with one maraschino cherry and an orange wedge.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.