How To Make A White Russian Drink
Learn about how to make a White Russian drink and you'll be able to offer another delicious beverage to your guests. White Russians are quick and easy to make. Whether you plan to entertain one special guest or are hosting a bash for friends, it's nice to know how to make a variety of mixed drinks. White Russians are delicious and creamy beverages. When you're having guests for dinner, you may want to consider serving a White Russian drink as an after-dinner beverage or even as part of the dessert course.
To make a White Russian, you will need:
- Kahlua or other coffee liquor
- Heavy cream
- Rocks, highball or old-fashioned glass
- Prepare the glass. Fill the rocks, highball or old-fashioned glass with ice. Be sure to use filtered water for clearer ice cubes.
- Measure the liquor. Measure 1-1/2 ounces of vodka and pour the vodka in the shaker. Measure 3/4 of an ounce of Kahlua or other coffee flavored liquor and pour it in the shaker with the vodka.
- Mix the liquors. Stir the two liquors and pour the mixture into the ice-filled glass.
- Measure the heavy cream. Measure 3/4 to one ounce of heavy cream and pour it over the liquor in the glass with ice. Use more cream for a lighter drink. Use less cream for a stronger drink.
- Let the cream settle on top. By not stirring the cream into the liquor, it will float on top. If you want, stir the drink to mix the cream into the vodka and Kahlua.
- Serve immediately. Serve the White Russian drink to your guests right away.