How To Make Wii Games
Learning how to make your own Wii games can be a great way to develop some seriously interesting video games. Though it may seem like a heavy and daunting task, it is really achievable by anyone that has a Wii, a Wi-Fi internet connection, and a basic knowledge of how video games work. Following this set of general rules, just about anyone that meets these specifications can be making Wii games in no time.
- Download the Wii Home-Brew Channel. This channel is available on Wii’s online channel browsing feature. This is the application that allows you to play games that you have created.
- Get on your personal computer and download the appropriate software. You will be best off with a program called the devkitPRO. This program allows you to create a plethora of video games for many different gaming systems, notably, the Wii. This part may take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the bandwidth of your computer and your connection speed.
- devkitPRO is a very easy-to use program which allows prospective video-game designers to edit video-game code to create a wealth of video-game scenarios. The only thing that you will need to know is how to read the software code. The program is otherwise self-explanatory.
- Try out some of the example programs that the devkitPRO comes with to make sure that it will work. Just for good measure, take some of these games and transfer them to your Wii where you can check to make sure that the examples work.
- Get to creating. Once you have an understanding of the software language that is described in the devkitPRO file, you will be ready to start tweaking the code and making all kinds of different video games. At this point, your creative mind is the only thing you need to get some very cool games together.
The biggest step here will be to get an understanding of the code needed to write video games. Once you have this down, there is literally no boundaries to the kinds of games that you can make.