How To Make Wii Lightsaber
Do you want to know how to make a Wii lightsaber? It can be fun way to add to your Jedi, or any hand held combat experience, will be a blast. The style of lightsaber that you create may vary depending on your preferences, but the end results will be well worth the efforts. If you are ready to begin making your very own Wii light sabre then just follow these steps.
To make a Wii lightsaber you will need:
- One Wii Remote
- One plastic toy lightsaber
- A screwdriver
- Small hand saw or dremel
- A strap (optional)
- Hot or super glue
- Make your way to the local toy store. You are never going to make a Wii lightsaber if you don't have the parts. If you have no toy store in the area then you can try the toy section of a Walmart or a Target. Find a plastic toy version of a light sabre. Do not spend a lot of money here, since we will be modifying it. Versions that collapse in are the best choice. If possible, get one without any built in sound effects.
- Break apart the handle and the shaft of the lightsaber. Depending on your model this may be as simple as unscrewing a few screws or with one piece models it may mean cutting it with a hand saw.
- Now, you have a decision to make. If you do not want the handle, we can attach the light sabre to the Wii remote itself. If you want the handle, more cutting will be required.
- If you choose to skip the handle you will need a strap. This must be long enough to wrap around the far end of the Wii remote and attach the sabre. If you want to make life really easy, get a long rubber band from the office supply store. Glue each end of the strap to the inside of the sabre casing and allow it to try. Then tie or stretch the strap around the Wii remote. This will help you to hole on the Wii lightsaber easily.
- If you choose to add the casing then you will need to measure the dimensions of the Wii remote. Mark them on your casing and cut out the shape with either your hand saw or a dremel. Add a small strap to the bottom of the case, to hold in the remote if you have chosen to cut at the bottom of the case.
- Cut the top of the sabre to allow for a line of site for the Wii remote. This will ensure that you will not have issues with signal quality because of the thickness of the toys plastic.
- If you have chosen the handle then reattach it to the shaft. This is best done with either super glue or hot glue. Let it dry completely.