You can very easily build yourself a wine barrel picnic table with a limited amount of materials. The end result is a beautifully crafted piece of furniture that you will cherish. Wine barrel wood is gorgeous and has a beautiful texture. The process is relatively easy depending on what kind of table you would like to make. A very simple table looks really cool sitting out on your patio. This is an excellent piece of furniture for entertaining guests and enjoying drinks outside.
In order to build a wine barrel picnic table you will need:
- An old wine barrel
- A top for your table. This can be anything really. A nice piece of wood that is about 2 feet longer than the wine barrel in diameter is perfect.
- Hammer and nails
- Paint brush
- Find out where you can purchase a used wine barrel. Don’t bother spending money on a brand new one. Go green and buy a used one that will work just as well.
- Depending on the quality you may need to sand it down and apply a finish. Pick a nice color to stain the wood. Be creative and really make it your own. You could even use a non-wood color to make it look really interesting. For a more timeless look, you might want to just stick to a wood colored stain.
- Find or make your table top. If you are going to be cutting the wood allow for two to three feet longer in diameter than the barrel. This gives the table some extra room. Avoid making it too thick or your table might be less sturdy. If you have a pre-made table top, prep this piece by sanding and applying stain.
- Once both the barrel and table top are dry, you will need to nail the table top to the barrel. Use long sturdy nails and place at least eight evenly spaced around the diameter.
You are all done! Enjoy this beautiful handcrafted piece your friends and family will envy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.