Finding out how to make wine from frozen juice is an interesting discovery! There are many different ways of doing this, but below you will find a quicker and much easier way to make your own wine.
- one-gallon glass jug
- plastic wrap
- rubber band.
- 2 cans frozen grape or cranberry concentrate (or one of each)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or adjust to taste since each batch of juice can vary in its sweetness)
- packet WINE yeast (which you can find at a wine shop along with excellent advice and encouragement from the staff when you are attempting this for the first time, although you should realize that there are many wine recipes which might be recommended and would be much more complicated than this one)
- Wash the glass jug with soapy warm water and rinse the jug completely.
- Put the jug and all utensils you plan to use through the dishwasher to sterilize them.
- Thaw the frozen juice in the sterilized glass jug. Use tap water or distilled water to mix the juice.
- Add the sugar and yeast.
- Stir well until completely dissolved.
- Cover the jug with the plastic wrap and rubber band (to allow the excess carbon dioxide to escape).
- Put aside for two weeks to ferment.
- It is best to put it in the garage or basement to avoid having to smell the fermentation.
- Strain out the yeast (perhaps using a coffee filter).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least several days to settle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...