Finding out how to make wine from frozen juice is an interesting discovery! There are many different ways of doing this, but below you will find a quicker and much easier way to make your own wine.
- one-gallon glass jug
- plastic wrap
- rubber band.
- 2 cans frozen grape or cranberry concentrate (or one of each)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or adjust to taste since each batch of juice can vary in its sweetness)
- packet WINE yeast (which you can find at a wine shop along with excellent advice and encouragement from the staff when you are attempting this for the first time, although you should realize that there are many wine recipes which might be recommended and would be much more complicated than this one)
- Wash the glass jug with soapy warm water and rinse the jug completely.
- Put the jug and all utensils you plan to use through the dishwasher to sterilize them.
- Thaw the frozen juice in the sterilized glass jug. Use tap water or distilled water to mix the juice.
- Add the sugar and yeast.
- Stir well until completely dissolved.
- Cover the jug with the plastic wrap and rubber band (to allow the excess carbon dioxide to escape).
- Put aside for two weeks to ferment.
- It is best to put it in the garage or basement to avoid having to smell the fermentation.
- Strain out the yeast (perhaps using a coffee filter).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least several days to settle.
We've all been there: Set to open a new bottle of wine, perhaps in the company of a good woman, when suddenly you reali ...
We’ve told you about whiskey barrel floors, but if the water of life isn’t your drink of choice, then perhaps a wooden f ...
Beyond the label, Wines That Rock capture something about the album or band they reference, giving you a full-spectrum t ...