Learning how to make wine from grape juice is often the first type of wine a novice wine maker attempts. Grape juice provides a quick and easy start to the wine making process using very little special wine making equipment. There are many types of grape juices to choose from. This article will show you how to turn store-bought grape juice into a delicious, homemade wine quickly and easily.
To make wine from grape juice, you will need:
- 3 cans of 100% frozen grape juice concentrate
- 1 large pitcher
- 1 stirring spoon
- 1 gallon jug (can use milk jug)
- 1 gallon airtight container
- large cotton balls
- 2 packets of activated wine yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large pitcher mix the grape juice concentrate with water. You will need two cans of water for each can of concentrate.
- Stir well to combine the water and grape juice concentrate.
- Use a funnel to pour the grape juice into the one gallon jug.
- Add in the sugar if your prefer a sweeter wine. This is a good idea since the yeast can tend to weaken the sweetness of the grape juice.
- Place the cap on the jug and shake it to combine the sugar.
- Sprinkle the yeast into the jug and do not stir.
- To keep dust and particles from getting into the wine, stuff the opening of the jug with a cotton ball. This will keep the wine covered while still allowing sufficient airflow.
- Move the wine to a dark, cool place to ferment for about a week, stirring once a day.
- Pour the wine into the airtight container and let sit for 30 days.
- Transfer the wine into airtight wine bottles
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!