If you want to learn how to make a wound heal faster, you need to take some time to take care of the area, take care of yourself and make it a priority to get better. While there are varying degrees of wounds, if you have one that is not healing properly and seems to be lingering, it is time to contact your physician for a consultation. However, for smaller issues, you can usually handle things on your own.
- Be sure to stop the bleeding. Apply pressure to the area. If it doesn't stop, you need to seek out the help. Use a clean cloth to apply pressure.
- Clean the wound thoroughly. If it isn't clean, it isn't going to heal faster. Even though it may be painful, be sure to use soap and water to clean and rinse it out. If there are any pieces of dirt, glass or other objects, you need to remove them quickly and clean it again.
- Gently place an antibacterial ointment all over the area. Place the ointment on a cotton swab and rub gently into the wound.
- To make a wound heal faster, cover it with some type of a bandage. For smaller cuts and scrapes, you can just use a band aid, but for larger wounds, use a pad and medical tape to make sure that the area is protected from further damage or exposure.
- All the these steps should be repeated frequently to have a wound heal faster. You want to make sure that it is always clean and always covered if possible.
- Sometimes, you will need to limit movement to make sure a wound heals faster. For example, you need may need to keep an arm or leg still if when you move the wound is reopened and begins to bleed. For larger wounds, you may need to consider taking time off from your regular duties to allow your body to heal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.